This early postcard shows the passage leading from Main Hall to the former North Porch which gave access to Christchurch Park. Unfortunately, access could also be the other way and, on occasions of excessive rainfall, the Main Hall was sometimes flooded by a rush of water through the North Porch. In 1924 a small timber-framed house (which was under demolition at Major’s Corner) was re-erected on the north side of the Mansion, to provide two extra rooms. The lower room, now a popular wedding venue, and on the site of the North Porch, is accessed by this passage (which was slightly narrowed). The bicycles have been displayed at Ipswich Transport Museum.