ANNUAL AWARDS EVENING - Wednesday 24th November 2021
THE HOLD - Fore Street - 7.30 pm
This event is open to all Members when, after a presentation by our Vice Presidents Chis Wiltshire and Bob Allen, the winners of the 2020 and 2021 awards will be announced and the Awards presented to the winners by the Mayor of Ipswich, Councillor Elizabeth Hughes.
This will be followed by the presentation of prizes to the Winners of the Photographic Competition held in 2020.
After the awards have taken place canapes and wine will be served when members can socialise and catch up.
The 2020 and 2021 Awards nominations will soon be available to view on our Flickr website.
Scroll down for earlier Awards results:
About The Ipswich Society Annual Awards
In pursuance of the Society's objectives, annual awards in the form of framed certificates are given for the buildings that have made a notable contribution to the townscape, under the headings:
- new buildings
- restoration or refurbishment of an existing building
Awards are made in two classes:
1. private; 2. commercial or local authority.
Schemes must have been completed in the preceding two years and be visible from the public highway, including footpaths, and the criteria for judging are:
- architectural quality
- work in character with the surroundings or forming a focal point
- improvement to the original building or its setting
- scale, detailing, colour and materials sympathetic, well considered and appropriate
- good quality of workmanship and standard of finish
- impact: does it set a good standard for others to follow?
The awards are in three categories:
- High Commendation
- and Commendation.
At the Awards Evening photographs of all the nominations are shown and the work described before the awards are announced and the presentations made.
IPSWICH SOCIETY ANNUAL AWARDS
Nominations - Winners - Photographs