12 October -- An Evening with Griff Rhys-Jones at Suffolk New College, 8 pm.
21 November -- The Ipswich Society Annual Awards at St Peter's on the Waterfront. 7.30 pm.
Winter Lectures at Museum Street Methodist Church, 7.30 pm
12 December -- Professor Brendon Noble (UCS): 'Advanced Medical Research in Ipswich'
9 January -- Clifford Smith: 'Fifty Years of Planning in Suffolk: what have we learned?'
2013 Outings - dates for your diaries
- 13 April -- Royal Gunpowder Mills, Waltham Forest
- 21 May -- Legal London
- 12 June -- "I never noticed that' - an evening walk in Ipswich
- 11 July -- 'Ipswich's Oldest Valley' - an evening walk in Henslow Road
- August -- Ingatestone Hall
- September -- John Norman's East London, including the Olympic Park
The Purple Flag
This is an award which recognises all the work done to make a town safer for users of the night-time economy. In the previous Newsletter Mike Brain described the background of the scheme and its value to the community. It was originated by the Association of Town Centre Management and is supported by the Home Office. National Purple Flag Week was held in September, during which the Town Hall was lit up in purple.
In The Next Newsletter ....
A report and reflections on the second Beacon Conference, aiming to boost Ipswich's future.