Annual Awards Evening
2017 Annual Awards Evening
Wednesday 15th November - St. Peter's by the Waterfront - 7.30pm
Bob Allen, Vice-President of The Ipswich Society, took a detailed look at the architectural awards nominations for 2017 in the presence of a full house of Members. This was followed by the announcement of this year's Awards Winners which can be found below. The winners were then presented with framed certificates by our President, Cllr. Sarah Barber, the Mayor of Ipswich, and photographs were taken for the Society archives. This was followed by wine and canapes with a chance for Members to socialise.
Scroll down to see photographs of the nominations and the winners. A full report of the 2017 Annual Awards evening will appear in the January 2018 NEWSLETTER when a link will be added to the list below.
Scroll down for earlier Awards results:
About The Ipswich Society Annual Awards
In pursuance of the Society's objectives, annual awards in the form of framed certificates are given for the buildings that have made a notable contribution to the townscape, under the headings:
- new buildings
- restoration or refurbishment of an existing building
Awards are made in two classes:
1. private; 2. commercial or local authority.
Schemes must have been completed in the preceding two years and be visible from the public highway, including footpaths, and the criteria for judging are:
- architectural quality
- work in character with the surroundings or forming a focal point
- improvement to the original building or its setting
- scale, detailing, colour and materials sympathetic, well considered and appropriate
- good quality of workmanship and standard of finish
- impact: does it set a good standard for others to follow?
The awards are in three categories:
- High Commendation
- and Commendation.
At the Awards Evening photographs of all the nominations are shown and the work described before the awards are announced and the presentations made.
IPSWICH SOCIETY ANNUAL AWARDS
Nominations - Winners - Photographs