THE 2020 ANNUAL AWARDS ARE EXPECTED TO BE CANCELLED
DUE TO THE SLOW DOWN OF BUILDING PROJECTS DURING COVID 19
ANNUAL AWARDS EVENING - Wednesday 20th November 2019
St. Peter's by the Waterfront - 7.30 pm
This event was open to all Members when, after a presentation by our Vice President Bob Allen, the winners of the 2019 awards were announced and the Awards presented to the winners by the Mayor of Ipswich, Councillor Jan Parry.
This was followed by canapes and wine when members socialised and caught up.
To see the 19 nominations and winners for 2019 CLICK HERE.
Scroll down for earlier Awards results:
About The Ipswich Society Annual Awards
In pursuance of the Society's objectives, annual awards in the form of framed certificates are given for the buildings that have made a notable contribution to the townscape, under the headings:
- new buildings
- restoration or refurbishment of an existing building
Awards are made in two classes:
1. private; 2. commercial or local authority.
Schemes must have been completed in the preceding two years and be visible from the public highway, including footpaths, and the criteria for judging are:
- architectural quality
- work in character with the surroundings or forming a focal point
- improvement to the original building or its setting
- scale, detailing, colour and materials sympathetic, well considered and appropriate
- good quality of workmanship and standard of finish
- impact: does it set a good standard for others to follow?
The awards are in three categories:
- High Commendation
- and Commendation.
At the Awards Evening photographs of all the nominations are shown and the work described before the awards are announced and the presentations made.
IPSWICH SOCIETY ANNUAL AWARDS
Nominations - Winners - Photographs